- Algorithmic aspects of Wireless Sensor Networks
- Mobile, ad-hoc, distributed computing
- Fundamental aspects of modern/future networking
- Architecture of Web/Internet of Things
- Algorithmic aspects of Wireless Power Transfer
- Mobile Crowdsensing Systems
- Future Internet testbeds and systems
- Scholarship of Excellence of the Swiss Federal Government for Foreign Researchers 2013-2014
Bourse d'excellence de la Confédération suisse pour chercheurs étrangers
Individual Project: Models, Algorithms and Performance Evaluation for Radiation Aware Wireless Networking
- Best Thesis award by WebScienceNet, University of Patras, 2012.
Thesis:Efficient Data Collection Protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Among the 10 semi-finalists of the international innovation competition IPSO Challenge 2013 organized by IPSO Alliance for conceptualising, designing and developing Control Cube. Story has been covered by international press (The Wall Street Journal), major Greek press (To Vima, Kathimerini, Eleuterhotypia), Greek web portals (newsit, thebest, dete).