for problems come from the graph theory. More specific I am especially interested for the following classes of graphs:
- approximation algorithms
- randomized algorithms
- online computations and
- parallel algorithms
- Planar graphs
- Random graphs and
- Perfect graphs like permutation, chordl, split and interval graphs.
- M.I.Andreou and S.D.Nikolopoulos: "NC Colouring Algorithms for Permutation Graphs", Nordic Journal of Computing Vol. 6 (4) pp. 422, 445, 1999.
- Maria Andreou and Stavros D. Nikolopoulos, "Efficient EREW-PRAM Parallel Colouring of Permutation Graphs", 6th Hellenic Conference on Informatics, pp. 563-577, 1997.
- M.I.Andreou and S.D.Nikolopoulos: "A Data Structure for Maintaining Future Events in a Discrete-Event Simulation System" in Proc. of the 2nd IMACS International Conference on Circuits, Systems and Computers, 1998.
- M.I.Andreou and P.G.Spirakis: "Experimental Analysis of Approximation Algorithms, for the Maximum Independent Set Problem on Planar Graphs", in Proc. of Hellenic Conference on Informatics, 2001
- M.Andreou, D.Fotakis, V.Papadopoulou, S.Nikoletseas and P.Spirakis: "The radiocoloring problem for hierarchical planar graphs: Hardness and efficient approximations" in Proc. of Conference of Mathematical Foundations in Computer Science 2002.
- M.I.Andreou and P.G.Spirakis: "Experimental Colouring of Random and Semi-Random k-colourable graphs" TR2000/12/01 CTI Greece.
- Maria Andreou and Paul G. Spirakis: "Colouring Random and Semi-random K-colourable Graphs", TR2000/12/02 CTI Greece.
- Maria Andreou and Paul G. Spirakis: "Efficient Colouring Squares of Planar Graphs" TR2002/11/01 CTI Greece.
- M.Andreou, S.Nikoletseas and P.Spirakis: "Algorithms and Experiments on Colouring squares of Planar Graphs" in WEA 2003.
The programs that are used for the experiments in my work with mr. Spirakis in EPY 2001:
"Experimental Analysis of Approximation Algorithms, for the Maximum Independent Set Problem on Planar Graphs" are here.
- are here.
The programs that are used for the experiments in my work with mrs Nikoletsea and Spirakis which is submitted in WEA 2003:
"Algorithms and Experiments on Colouring squares of Planar Graphs"
The planar graph instances that are used in our experiments arehere.
- Operating Systems
- Brite-Euram Project BE96-3046 CE2: Computer Experiments for Concurrent Engineering
- ALCOM-IT ESPRIT LTR - Project no. 20244, ALCOM
- EPEAEK Project: Course of study of the department of Computer Engineering and Informatics of the University of Patras.
- ALCOM-FT ESPRIT LTR